Saturday, August 4, 2012

Oh for dumb, dumb!

I did the dumbest thing today, (stress will do that to you)! I was with my mom and fiance, testing cake today at the Vadnais Heights Grandma's bakery - yum! Afterwards, when driving back to my parents house for lunch, there was a car behind Brendan and I, honking at us. When I looked back at the car, there were two women inside waving their arms, and making quite a commotion. Brendan and I looked at each other in wonder. Brendan says, I have my blinker on. I said, I don't think you're disobeying any traffic laws. ON they kept honking at us. Brendan was starting to get flustered. We made the left-hand turn, and he says - I'm going to pull over. He did this, and rolled down his window. The car behind us pulled alongside, and the women said frantically to us, "there's a book on your back trunk lid!". We thanked them, hopped out of B's car, and sure enough, there was the martha stewart cake book from the library that I left on the trunk lid, (forgetting to take it with me into the safety of the cab of the car). Thank goodness it's a massive, heavy book, and stayed put. 


Oh for dumb, dumb! (or as my grandmother would exclaim, oh for pete's sake!) lol

2 comments:

  1. Did I ever tell you about my neighbor who made specialty cakes and drove off with one of them on top of her car? Needless to say, she had a mess on her rear window and another cake to make! So, you see, you didn't do so bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Auntie, that would create quite a mess - and a memorable story. Happy accident, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete